Boat building, repair and maintenance
The harbours at Whitby and Scarborough are complemented by an excellent range of support services and include the following.
Parkol Marine are sited within Whitby Harbour and offer a dry dock capable of meeting a wide range of boat building requirements. The dry dock has a 5m draught and can accommodate vessels up to 42 m in length with a 10.5m beam, with plans for expansion.
An on site lift provides manoeuvrability for vessels of up to 450 tons. Skills on offer include:
- fabrication in steel, alloy, and stainless steel
- refits including electrial and electronic services
- power cleaning shot blasting and painting
- boat building in steel, wood and alloy all shipwright repairs
Coates Marine Ltd offer a range of services to the small boat owner and can supply everything you need in connection with the operation of boats. Sited within the harbour, services include:
- boat lift up to 16 tonnes, 13m long, using our travel hoist
- boat repairs mainly to GRP and wooden vessels
- engine repairs and servicing
- extensive retail chandlery
- masts and rigging
- boat storage within our own yard
tel: 01947 602669